What Are Casement Windows?
Casement windows are perfect for homeowners who love fresh air and natural light. A popular window style for those looking to upgrade or build, casement windows provide maximum ventilation for your home. The hinges on one side allow the window to fully open, whether by a crank-out, push-out, or inswing mechanism. If you’re seeking a custom solution for your home, our St. Louis casement windows have you covered.
Schedule a Consultation
At Kirkwood Home Gallery, we offer quality products from leading vendor partners. Leveraging 80 years of experience in the window and door industry, our team specializes in designing and installing casement windows in St. Louis that fit your home’s specific style.
Look no further than the St. Louis casement windows of Kirkwood Home Gallery for a window project that exceeds expectations. Schedule a consultation today.
Choose Your Glass
Glass is more than just a means to see through a window or door frame. Technological advancements have allowed glass to meet strict energy efficiency standards in numerous climates. We offer the following types of performance glass types:
- Double-pane Low-E. As the name suggests, two panes of glass are separated by a thermal spacer bar and Low-E (low emissivity) coating that reflects heat out in the summer and holds heat in throughout the winter, creating a barrier that protects your home and saves energy.
- Double-pane Low-E366. It’s the next step up in efficiency over standard Low-E, blocking 95% of UV rays. This upgraded coating is used where the sun exposure is harsh, like west-facing windows and doors, and doesn’t add much to the overall cost.
Customize your casement windows further with specialty glass options. Choose between the following and more.
- Glue chip
- Horizontal reeded
- Vertical reeded
- Grey reflective
You can also select coatings and films that improve the performance of your casement windows. Whether you want an easy cleaning process or to increase energy efficiency, our St. Louis custom casement window installers can help.
Keeping Your Windows Clean
Cleaning casement windows requires special considerations. Pay particular attention to the edges of the windows where grime builds up.
A soft, small brush can help dislodge any stubborn dirt and ensure a thorough clean. Prioritize this step, as it can significantly affect the usability and longevity of your windows.
Selecting the correct cleaning supplies is equally crucial. Harsh chemicals can damage the frames and diminish the window’s lifespan. We recommend mild, non-abrasive cleaners that protect your windows while providing an effective clean.
Lastly, the cranks on casement windows may become difficult to operate over time. A bit of lubricant can work wonders in ensuring smooth operation. However, apply sparingly to avoid attracting dust.
Choose Your Casement Window Materials
The best window material for your home depends on your style and desired look. Choose between the following exterior options:
- Aluminum-clad wood. Strength and style fuse together with aluminum-clad wood material. The durable extruded aluminum protects the wooden window from elements such as rain, ice, insects, and decay.
- All-wood. All-wood is for you if you’re seeking a traditional, naturally beautiful window material with numerous customization options.
- Fiberglass. Generally composed of glass fibers and resin, fiberglass remains unaffected by bends, breaks, dents, and extreme climates.
- Hybrid. The term “hybrid” describes windows whose interior frames are manufactured from a different material than the exterior.
- Premium vinyl. Vinyl resists deterioration, decay, and harsh weather conditions with long-lasting color and style.
Choose Your Finish
Casement window finishes tie the look together. Select from the following:
- Exterior paint. Our high-performance exterior paint finishes will suit your desired look for decades.
- Anodized. Created through an electrolyte process with an oxide film, anodized coats exterior aluminum-clad surfaces in an attention-grabbing metallic look.
- Wood species. Choose from maple, oak, mahogany, cedar, cherry, walnut, and more to complete your home’s design.
Why Choose Our St. Louis Casement Windows?
Whatever your project, we’ll guide you through the entire process. Since 2005, we’ve helped customers select, design, and install windows and doors. Our extensive showroom in Brentwood houses a vast array of styles, sizes, materials, finishes, glass types, and more, so you can test your options with your own hands.
We begin with an on-site consultation, listening to your wants and needs and determining the best fit for your home. Then, we’ll help you design the perfect products, communicate with our suppliers during production, and install your windows using environmentally conscious practices. Our support doesn’t stop there – our highly trained sales team is here for you after installation.
Schedule a Consultation To Learn More About Our St. Louis Casement Windows Today
At Kirkwood Home Gallery, we proudly offer quality products, craftsmanship, and value in every project we undertake. Our team of professionals is committed to exceeding your expectations, from initial consultation to final installation. Schedule an on-site consultation with our team to receive casement windows in St. Louis today.